A little of what the Thompson's are up to.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

help me understand the logic...

So I just don't quite get Ebay sometimes, I think its wonderful for the hard to find things, like the baby Jesus that I lost from my Fisher Price Nativity, I couldn't find the thing anywhere else but check on ebay and et voilĂ , there it is. Anyway, I want to be able to play music in the girls room and thought that an ipod shuffle would be perfect, I could put all their favorites into one place and download some of the new stuff they like, I love my shuffle and I thought that maybe I could find a used one on ebay for a good price. I did find some deals, there are some used ones that begin at $1, I'm not sure how much I'm wiling to pay for used, maybe a max of $20 or $25. Then I found this one and it just baffels me that someone would even put it out there:
USED Apple iPod Shuffle 1GB* MP3 Player-Blue - Buy it now $35.95 and they are charging $14.99 for shipping, that means if you but this used ipod shuffle you are spending a total of $50.94, please help me understand why someone would buy this when you can walk into the Apple Store, or even Target and buy one of these babies brand new for $49?? I find this a lot with ebay, there are some good deals out there but it seems a lot of people end up spending way to much on ebay stuff, when you add in the shipping sometimes people are paying the same price or often more than they could pick it up for in a store. I just don't get it!!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Well, if its brand new - I guess they feel they deserve the to the dollar amount. But, I personally think they should lower the shipping &/or set it up for auction instead of Buy it Now.

eBay's slowly starting to become a rip off for both Sellers & Buyers.

Becky said...

p.s.

If you had trouble getting to my blog yesterday and earlier today, it's all working now. I blew up my blog yesterday and... yeah, more details on My Blog

brookeisacrazylady said...

i just saw something similiar on craigslist...I was looking for a sandbox and there was a used one listed for $2 more than toys r us...are you kidding me? hopefully a unsuspecting sucker doesn't buy it..

Jen said...

I agree! I am a bit of an Ebay addict but I will stay on the hunt until I find "the deal". I have a friend in Tennessee that doesn't mind paying a few bucks over for stuff because she lives in the middle of nowhere and can't get to things. She's goofy!