A little of what the Thompson's are up to.
Thursday, May 31, 2007
1. I love to make lists. There are little papers all over my house, grocery lists, Costco lists, target lists, things to do today lists, things to do during the week lists, places I'd like to go, wish lists for me, lists of things to buy for my girls and Eric for birthdays and Christmas, a list of things to do with my dad when he visits (in November), the list goes on.....
2. I love, love, love to travel. I want to go to Paris, Italy, Greece, Spain, Canary Islands, Bermuda, travel up the west coast, travel through New York up to Niagara Falls, Cape Cod, Hilton Head, go to Disney World, Iceland......
3. I was a vegetarian for about 8 years.
4. I like to drink out of a straw.
5. I wanted to be a school teacher (and maybe someday I will).
6. I feel that I am a total underachiever.
7. I have no self control if there is chocolate in my house I just have to eat it!!
Tag your it.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Thursday, May 24, 2007
This is our jump 'n' slide by Little Tike's, it was a chunk of change at $200 but worth every penny, Kate plays in it at least once a day. Sara loves it too, she has just worked out how to get herself down the slide so now I have to sit at the bottom to catch her. (this picture was taken yesterday but I put it in as I didn't take any as they played in it today)
The girls wore their matching shirts today that Kate had picked out at the store, I think they look cute and so I tried to get a picture of them but I seem to miss the shot because of the delay of the digital camera (isn't it a bad workman that always blames their tools!!)
Here is Kate coloring away, she just sat and colored for over an hour I was quite impressed, I was putting Sara down for her nap and when I got back she was just singing to herself. "Hap birthday to you, hap birthday to Darby, hap birthday to you" over and over, so cute. (We had just left Darby a message where Kate sang happy birthday) so here is a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Darby who is 2 from Kate.
Kate read Ten Little Ladybugs and was so proud of herself that she just had to read it to daddy when he got home. If you haven't got it, its real cute and I think the illustrations are adorable. "ten little bugs on a leaf, then there were nine little bugs....." (for anyone wondering I'm not sure why she chose to read in the bathroom but she just wanted to sit on her steppy stool so we all crowded into the bathroom for her recital)
Then tonight I gave Kate 3 forks to set at the table, I thought she would just dump them on the table, I've never asked her to do it before. Anyway, when I came in with the food there they were, one in each place (and you can see her little hand pointing at a job well done!!), what can I say, she's my first child and she always astounds me at the things she knows and does everyday, its true they really do pick up on everything!!
That was our day, now both girls are asleep (I was going to sneak in and capture the blissful moment but the battery died in my camera) Eric is putting up the antenna for our wireless Internet and I am blogging. What a day, and if you made it to the end of this and are not some type of relative (and truthfully I started this for my dad but sadly enough he hasn't even check it out, his loss huh??!!) then I'm impressed and thanks for bearing with me as I blog aimlessly about my two little wonders.
Monday, May 21, 2007
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Friday, May 18, 2007
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Sunday, May 13, 2007
This is Kate feeding the giraffe, forgive me for being in the way but I didn't know until after, I couldn't hear Eric yelling at me!! Ooops, we'll just have to go back again to get some better shots!! I'm actually really proud of Kate, I didn't think she would do it, she is totally afraid of bugs but give her a giraffe biscuit and she'll go right up and put it on the tongue.
Here is the giraffe with the crooked neck, they have a whole bios on her at the SB Zoo website but basically they don't quite know why her neck has grown like this over time and apparently she eats fine and doesn't seem to be in any discomfort.