A little of what the Thompson's are up to.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

7 shopping days left.....



O.K., O.K. so you all voted in favor of the tree skirt. Thank-you Rachel for the Cost Plus tip, I headed there today on my run of errands and bought the pretty tree skirt you mentioned and I think it does look good. Also, an added bonus to buying a tree skirt a week before Christmas, it was 50% off and so only cost me about $15, not bad, not bad. I've also kindly included a full length picture of my tree for any of those out there that don't have kids yet or kids that are mobile, when they do get mobile your tree will look like this with all of the decorations congregated around the top half of the tree!! And I think I must be insane but I ventured to the mall today to pick up one last thing on my list and had to run to target after that, I generally like the hustle and bustle of the Christmas shoppers as it makes me get into the festive spirit but today just drove me crazy, parking was terrible and now the crowds just make me nervous that I'm going to loose one of my children or that whilst I'm chasing one of my runaway children someone will nick my wallet that I left in the stroller. Anyway, we all made it home safe and accounted for but I may have to stave off the mall until after Christmas or until at least I can be by myself. Merry Christmas everyone or as we more commonly say in England,
Happy Christmas.

5 comments:

brookeisacrazylady said...

love the skirt. we went to the topanga mall today and target, not too bad. but its my last too.

agirlnamedgay said...

so funny you should mention the "happy christmas". never before in my life have i had this thought, but today i held a whole monologue trying to come up with why we say merry xmas instead of happy xmas. we say happy b-day, happy anniversary, happy fourth of july, happy st. pat's day and merry xmas. i don't get it. where the heck did we come up with that?

Rachel said...

i am SO glad you got that tree skirt! when i saw it there was a big part of me that wished i needed one. do you just love it?! i think it is so beautiful! and for $15! amazing!

congrats on finishing your shopping. it is too crazy out there now. happy christmas!

Anonymous said...

Oh, now I feel like my tree is naked. I need a skirt!

Gina and Jon said...

I like the Tree Skirt!!