A little of what the Thompson's are up to.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Put my foot in it

"the man who never made a mistake never made anything"

Love that quote, it always makes me feel better about screwing up. I had a kid leave church on Sunday just before class began as some of the kids were teasing him, I'm not 100% on what happened but I spoke to one of the moms of the kids, not to assign blame what I intended to say was whatever they were doing may have seemed like fun but it offended one of the kids and to maybe be a little more sensitive in the future. Anyway, this mom just sent me a strange e-mail and obviously whatever I said came out wrong and she seems pretty offended by me. I feel so bad, I would never purposely offend anyone, it sucks big time to screw up and I'm not sure how to make things right and not feel uncomfortable, needless to say I called and left a message appologising. Anyway, enough with the rambling that doesn't make any sense, if I have ever offended anyone I never meant to, I'm not that kind of person, I know I get crabby when I'm menstrual so here is a big SORRY to anyone out there that has ever been offended by my crazy loud and untactful mouth, one of these days I'm just going to learn to keep it shut!

3 comments:

brookeisacrazylady said...

We all have those kind of mouths. if not, you'd be boring :)

Beth said...

Yeah, I agree with crazy lady. I think it's impossible to please everyone all of the time. And I think we, as women, kill ourselves trying to do so sometimes. I'm sure you were trying to be as tactful as possible. I can't imagine you any other way. :)

anniemcq said...

Claire, you are one of the most tactful, kind people I've ever met. Honestly, I can't, in a million years, imagine you purposely hurting someone's feelings, especially on purpose. If this person was offended, perhaps SHE was premenstrual.