A little of what the Thompson's are up to.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Wales

These are from our trip out to Wales, for those of you who don't know my older sister was killed in a helicopter crash in 1993, the helicopter crashed into a Lake -Llyn Padarn- in Wales and each year my mum (who passed away in 2004) found solace in going out to the lake, my dad still tries to go each year and this year we were here to go with him. On each of their trips my mum and dad always stopped at this little town called Llanfairfechan, there is a little cafe right on the beach, its usually very windy but we managed to have lovely weather. The girls got an ice-cream and then played on the beach.


Our next stop was Llyn Padarn to leave flowers at the memorial for my sister and the 2 others killed in the crash. I got the girls a sunflower each and they wanted to leave theirs in the water.


Next stop (which I'm sure the girls had no interest in) was Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch the town with the longest name in Europe.

Next I wanted to take the girls to a castle, a real castle so off we went to Beaumaris Castle one of the 400 castles in Wales. At Beaumaris there are ducks and swans in the moat, in the pic with me and the girls a duck was getting very close to Sara and freaking her out. We ended the day at a little park on the other side of the castle wall, the camera battery died so no pics but I think that was the girls favourite thing of the day!

1 comment:

Becky said...

WOW! SO fun! Beautiful places you're seeing! I'm so happy to see and "hear" how much fun you're having and all the places you're seeing. Thanks for blogging and sharing with us all of this! It's fun to read. :)

p.s. We miss you!!! ♥